EMHS members are required to complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of community service each semester, including group-planned activities and individual service projects.
- Group planned activities will include but are not limited to bi-annual blood drives, Give Back to the Community Day, child care supervision, food drive, and food collection for holidays (specific families).
- Individual service projects must be approved, and a form must be completed and signed off on by an adult supervising the service project.
- The service project should be an individual project, but should utilize other members to complete the project (i.e. Project: organize a toy drive for needy children in our area).
- The member would organize the project, do the media presentation, and conduct the drive.
- Other EMHS members should participate in the drive by providing toys, helping collect toys, and delivering the toys to families–this time would count toward the eight hour of community service per semester.
Individual service projects must be completed during each year of membership, starting the year after induction into the organization.