Talented and Gifted (TAG)/Enrichment
Special Education is specially designed instruction that meets the unique needs of each child with a disability at no cost to families. The goal is to ensure that all children with disabilities have available to them a free and appropriate public education that emphasizes special education and related services designed to meet their unique needs.
Special Education services are mandated by state laws and by the Individuals with Disability Education Act (IDEA), a federal law. The Individuals with Disability Education Act:
- Assures all children with disabilities are provided a free, appropriate, public education designed to meet their unique needs.
- Protects children’s rights and the rights of their parents or guardians.
- Assists state and local districts in providing education that assesses students’ strengths and weaknesses and assures the effectiveness of the educational efforts.
Our special education teachers collaborate with general education teachers, the child’s family, and the child to:
* Build relationships and determine appropriate goals to support each student with a disability.
* Ensure access to the general curriculum, so that he/she can meet the educational standards that apply to all children.
* Use tools, materials and strategies to access Iowa Core Standards and reach grade-level aligned goals.
* Prepare each student for further education and employment.
* Help students address their unique needs as a result of the individual’s disability.
For more information please visit the following website: https://iowaideainformation.org/